Monday, February 23, 2015

Willian enjoying a career high at Chelsea

Willian enjoying a career high at Chelsea

Willian enjoying a career high at Chelsea

The Brazilian forward believes that he is in the middle of the finest period as a professional footballer so far, with Jose Mourinho's men competing for trophies on three fronts

Chelsea forward Willian says that he has never had it better than at Stamford Bridge this season.

Jose Mourinho's men are in pole position to win the Premier League, sitting five points clear of Manchester City after 23 matches, and the Brazil international has featured in 22 of them.

Willian, formerly of Shakhtar Donetsk and Anzhi Makhachkala, could yet win three titles this term - including the League Cup and Champions League - and sees it as a peak period for his career.

"I think this is the best moment of my career," he told Perform.

"I've been improving, developing my game. I am very happy for playing in such a club like Chelsea, which was my dream, having the opportunity of playing in a big league, the English league.

"I came to Chelsea for winning titles and we are close to it this year so I think I am in a good moment and I put in my head that I can't ever feel comfortable, even when I would become a regular, don't feel comfortable and try always to improve more. That's what I have been doing."

Chelsea wrapped up the signature of fellow winger Juan Cuadrado from Fiorentina late in the transfer window but Willian welcomes the competition for his place.

"Sure, competition for a place in the squad grows, but I will always fight for my place," he declared. "As I said, I can't ever feel comfortable otherwise another player comes and take my position.

"I need always to improve and that is why I work hard to try and keep my place in the squad. All good.

"He did his first training today, we spoke with him who looks like a calm boy, a good guy. We hope he can be happy with us here in Chelsea."

Chelsea play Tottenham in the League Cup final on March 1 and have a European last-16 first-leg date with Paris Saint-Germain on February 17 - key fixtures on the minds of each player.

Willian explained: "In our head we want to win all three titles. We have squad for that, we know our qualities, but we also know how difficult is to win all of these trophies.

"We will face a tough opponent in the Champions League and, if we go through, it will be always tough matches in the quarter-finals, semi, and on. We also have a difficult opponent in the League Cup and we are top of the league with five points advantage.

"All we players can do to win as many titles as possible, we will do it. We know how difficult it is going to be so we must be focused and try to win all we can."

No comments:

Post a Comment